Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cook Out!

Last nite my BFF and I got together for a cookout while her hubby and my hubby were hangin together at "their" house. This was our dinner! Chicky 'bobs and some veggie concoction that me bff whips up that is totally awesome!











In attendance was my bff's granddaughter, so I made sure that I had the proper backyard fun for her. This friggen scary frog pool! She wouldn't get in it, but threw everything (including my shoes) into it. hahahah That's ok, I don't blame her, the damn thing IS scary.









The previous nite my son and I were blowing this pool up and this made me chuckle! I mean, come on, look at the pool....the water doesn't even come up to the ankles. I'm guessing the signage is meant for small animals? bugs? The same people who need the same signage that says to remove the suppository from the foil before inserting? The same folks that need to know NOT to use an electrical appliance in the bathtub?





After all was said and done, and everyone was gone, my son and I enjoyed a nice fire that he created for marshmallow roastin to which we discovered someone had thrown away the marshmallows.
No harm no foul, we sat on the swing and enjoyed each others company. That's a rarity with a 14 year old. =)

2 comments:

Ilina said...

Damn, would you want to step into a frog's mouth like that? Now I know how Jonah felt.

My heart melts thinking of you and your son just hanging by the fire. I know the days of my boys not talking to me are coming. For now I'll try to cherish the non-stop Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!

The Cube Monkey said...

Well, my son is an only child, so I think that has a lot to do with it. He's quite the mommy's boy. Sometimes I'm very thankful for that. =)